- Drafting a Green Certificates Sale and Purchase Agreement for the purchase of BioGas under the Green Gas Certification Scheme Rules.
- Advising on the construction and sale of marine plastics recovery ships to buyers in the Asian market.
- Advising on a new environmental solutions business to market and distribute oil spill recovery systems in the Asian market.
- Advising in relation to sourcing green debt finance for the construction of a new build vessel powered by LNG, wind and solar.
- Advising on UNFCCC Clean Development Mechanism emission reduction projects and the generation of certified emission reduction credits in various developing countries.
Thought leadership from Mercatis Law
Our latest low carbon transition and sustainability insights
An Introductory Guide for New Market Participants in Trading of Carbon Credits and Offsets
This article gives an outline of the compliance and voluntary carbon markets, the differences between carbon credits and offsets, developments in the exchange-traded markets, as well as recent market initiatives. Its aim to provide a helpful introduction for in house lawyers, compliance professionals and other relevant functions who may be new to these markets.
Is It time to Include Carbon Emissions Reduction and Sustainability Obligations in Commodities and Energy Contracts?
Many energy companies and commodity producers, shippers and traders have made pledges to reduce carbon emissions and operate more sustainably.
In this article we consider some of the contractual tools that may be used to assist companies in meeting their carbon emissions reduction and sustainability targets.
The New UK Emissions Trading Scheme (UK ETS)
The UK has launched its post-Brexit “cap and trade” carbon trading system called the UK Emissions Trading Scheme (UK ETS). This client alert briefly summarises the new policy framework in which the UK ETS will operate, identifies the sectors to which it will apply and considers the trading documentation used to trade UK ETS allowances (UKAs).