Yasmine joins us as a senior associate directly from a position as legal counsel at a major swiss trading house. She advises on transactional matters relating to the sale, purchase and financing of physical commodities with expertise in energy. Her experience covers a range of legal issues including contracts for the sale and purchase of commodities, general trading terms and conditions, structured trade finance (including security and quasi security documents), letters of indemnity and anti-money laundering and trade and economic sanctions.
Yasmine studied law at the University of Bristol, spending a year at the University of Aarhus in Denmark and is dual qualified as an English solicitor and as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
- Gunvor Group
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Charles Taylor Consulting
- Part of the transaction team advising a major commodity trading house in relation to syndicated committed revolving credit facilities of USD 1.39 billion and USD 1.68 billion
- Drafting and negotiating bilateral facility agreements entered into to finance the sale and purchase of commodities together with corresponding security and quasi-security documents such as pledges, deeds of charge, corporate parent guarantees, cross guarantees, deeds of assignment over receivables.
- Structuring, advising, drafting and negotiating sale agreements and security documents for the storage, refining, processing and sale of petroleum products and iron ore
- Draft and regularly update standard documentation (letters of indemnity, warranties of title, guarantees, service agreements) taking into account the latest legal and regulatory developments
- Regularly review, draft and negotiate tender documents relating to tender bids to supply or purchase oil products with counterparties/ national oil companies in the Middle East and Asia Pacific
- Provide on the spot advice on the laws and regulations applicable to physical trading activities
- College of Law (2009): Legal Practice Course with Commendation
- University of Bristol with a year at University of Aarhus Denmark (2004-2008): LLB 2.1 (Hons)
Professional Admissions and Qualifications
- England and Wales- Solicitor
- Singapore – Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (non-practising)